Normally for the summer I wear my sport sandals while kayaking. In colder weather I have a pair of NRS water booties. For this season I decided that I really wanted a pair of the Keen H2 sandals… mostly because they offer more protection for my foot and are great for scrambling over rocks… and not slipping.
I tried a few pairs on around town to decide on which style and model I liked best. Then as usual I went to my favorite stores online and made my purchase (I find I can almost always get better prices online).
The Keen H2 sandals are made for water. They are perfect for walking the beach, walking in the water, kayaking, paddling as well as hiking. They are known to be very comfortable and a great all around wet shoe.
After trying on a few pairs I decided on the Keen Venice H2 sandal. I liked this one because it had the toe protection I was looking for… I have scraped my toes several times in the past getting in and out of my kayak on rocks. Also I liked the airy look of this sandal as opposed to the Keen Newport H2 style which is more closed in.
I had heard great things about the Keen H2 sandals as I am sure most others have as well. Keen has made a real name for themselves and I have to say that all of the good things I heard were 100% true.
Benefits of the Keen H2 sandal
My Keen Venice H2 sandal is:
- Unbelievably comfortable – my toes can spread out and sole and support are excellent
- Waterproof – meaning that the material will not get ruined when submerged in water
- Very well made – for the price, which really isn’t all that much – you are getting a very well made sandal
- Extremely versatile – this water sandal not only works great for kayaking but also makes for a great walking sandal, is stylish enough to wear around town, is sturdy enough to wear hiking, and are light enough to bring traveling
NOTE: I found that several websites state that the Keen H2 sandals run a half size small so to size up. I have to disagree with this…I found the fit to be true to size. I am a women’s regular size 8 and I found that the size 8 fit me perfectly. They do come in half sizes as well if you are a half size but my mom (who also bought a pair) and I both found them to fit true to size.
Other Keen Venice H2 Features:
- Durable and fast-drying polyester webbing straps
- Protective toe up front
- Anti-odor AEGIS Microbe Shield treated SBR lining
- Supportive V-Strap Forefoot Capture Design for improved fit
- Metatomical low durometer EVA Footbed
- Impact-absorbing compression molded EVA midsole
- Mar-free siped TH3 rubber outsole
More Facts about the Keen H2 Sandals:
One of the greatest things about the Keen H2 sandals is that there is such an array of color choice. In fact there are so many colors to choose from that it took me several days to actually decide which color to get… I loved so many of them.
In the end I decided to go with the Orion Blue / Air Blue pair and my mom purchased the Lilac Sachet / Striking Purple pair. I have attached my own pictures to this post so you can see the actual colors. The picture of the lilac pair I think shows the color exactly, but my picture of the blue pair is a little washed out. The blue is actually just very slightly darker than what is shown. Please excuse the fact that they look slightly dirty… we have worn them in the water a lot over the last couple of weeks. We loved them both!!
Also if you have any doubts about the greatness of these water sandals all you have to do is look at all of the reviews online. Altrec.com for example which is where we purchased ours from has over 200 reviews from people like you and I and the average rating is 5 stars! To me that speaks worlds as to the great quality, comfort and style of this sandal.
NOTE: Keen makes H2 sandals for Men, Women and Children so there is a pair for everyone!
The Keen H2 sandals can be purchased at:
- Altrec.com – Keen H2 Sandals – This is where we purchased ours from… great selection, good prices, excellent service.